In difficult times, the fittest survives. But one in the field is not a warrior. You need a close-knit team that fully supports and shares the goals and objectives of the business. Only all together can you survive and win.
But don’t forget – you are the Captain! You are the main decision-maker. You and only you know the way out. And you have to show this way to your team, explain to them the logic of your decisions and support them all the way.
It will not be the easy way. All of you – you and your team – have to sacrifice something in order to WIN! But it is your business and you know WHY you have to sacrifice things. It is not so obvious to your team. They are just people who work with and for you, help you to achieve YOUR goals and receiving a salary for this. (Of course, there are exceptions, but this is a general trend.) WHY should they sacrifice something? Work for less money, work extended hours, do some jobs they didn’t do previously? Those questions are very tough. And you have to answer these questions, explain to your team WHY and HOW LONG they have to suffer.
Here are some steps you can take at the start of your journey to build team spirit:
- Explain the current situation and ask for help;
- Show you ready to go plan to overcome current difficulties;
- Explain to each team member his role and area of responsibility;
- Divide the whole way into short stages where you can check: what was done, what goals do you achieve and what are the weak points;
- Set clear deadlines of every stage;
- Implement a motivation scheme – how the working conditions will change as the tasks are completed;
- Be in touch with all your team members all the time: your door should be open 24/7.
This is just a small list of measures that MUST be introduced in the company. The rest are mostly individual and depends on the size of the team, type of business and situation on your market. But again, don’t forget THE MAIN thing – you and your team must be ONE! Never sacrifice the team. Your team is your lifebuoy. And treat your team accordingly.
Good Luck on your way!
Meanwhile, if you need some help or advice, don’t hesitate to send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0466 593 676.
First consultation – FREE!